Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Turtle

Got up this morning intent on getting back to running but the desire was not there so went for a power walk with Janet (hard to keep up to her), we came upon Denny's so decided to have breakfast and walk back to the condo in a fast manner to wear off the calories, still couldn't keep up to Janet. Janet had work to do so I went out for a bike ride on Legacy Trail, put in about 30 kms, must say I miss my biking buddy Don and our Sunday biking jaunts which made the kms slip by very quickly. The trail was busier today with bikers, runners, skate boarders and rollerbladers, you get to see all kinds of bikes, street bikes, road bikes, triathlon bikes, bikes that you lie down to peddle and even some that are closed in like small cars. Generally everyone is polite and stays to the right when you come upon them, you get the odd few who are jerks but at least you don't have to deal with any vehicles. Last but not least I came upon a snapping turtle at the side of the road, I stopped and took a picture with our cell phone and I guess he/she didn't like me taking the pic because it opened it's jaw, made a threatening sound and came at me, with lighting speed I jumped on my bike and was outta there. Well that's it for today, think I'll relax and have a couple of beers and watch the Oscar's tonight, although I will probably fall asleep well before they get to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment