Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Siesta Key Beach

We haven’t done too much over the last few of days as I had to work and yesterday was my last official day as a Team Lead for Accentus.  This is the official start of my semi-retirement and it feels great!  I can now work when I want with no set hours!  Brian has been really getting into his training mode again and I can tell he is loving it….I’m still working out with my Wii Fit (don’t laugh James!) which I brought with me, my running/walking and biking the Legacy Trail. 

Today we decided to head over to Siesta Key Beach figuring it wouldn’t be too crowded in the middle of the week….wrong!!!!!!!!!  We almost gave up looking for a parking spot and decided to do one more round and someone finally pulled out and we pulled right in.  Siesta Key beach is voted as the #1 beach in Florida and I can see why.  It is just beautiful there with a powdery soft white sand; when the sun shines on it, it is almost blinding.  I took a video you can see below.  We only stayed for a couple of hours as we didn’t have an umbrella for shade and I don’t want to burn; I’m just working on my tan a little bit at a time! 

Siesta Key Beach

P1050783

Brian testing out the water.  Janet is not as brave but I did get my feet wet!

P1050789

Seagulls gathering for a meeting…..

P1050795

Taking a picture of ourselves on the beach.  The water was just behind us but we didn’t quite get that in the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment