Sunday, March 13, 2011

Venice Theatre

Our friends, Barb and Jon, are staying in Venice Florida for a couple of weeks and since that it is really close to Sarasota, we arranged to get together and today went to the Venice Theatre to watch the King and I production and then out to Cafe Venice for dinner.  The King and I production was not quite Brian’s cup of tea but he he did well sitting through considering it was quite a long play. I don’t think I heard him “sigh” although I did look over once and he seemed to have his eyes closed!  I, on the other hand, thoroughly enjoyed it!  We then went to a nice restaurant had had great conversation and a very enjoyable meal.  It was really nice to meet up with Barb and Jon for the afternoon.  Barb and I had already been together on Friday doing a bit of shopping at Kohls, where I went a little crazy buying some clothes – but they weren’t all for me – some for David, Brian and of course another little dress that I could not resist for Annika.  I think that is about 5 now that I have bought since we have been here and that doesn’t include the ones I bought in January when we were here for a week.  I love having little granddaughters to buy for!  Annika will have plenty of summer dresses for the summer now and then Selena can wear them all a couple of years down the road!

We have not done much in the lat week, I have spent my time getting a lot more exercise than I have in a long time and also putting in time working while Brian has been doing his training. He is really happy to be back swimming, running and biking again.

I won’t tell Breanne that on Saturday night we went to the Olive Garden for dinner which is one of Breanne’s favorite restaurants!

This coming week we plan on doing much the same but are planning on another long bike ride to a restaurant we saw near Venice advertising home-cook meals, so we are going to ride our bikes on Legacy Trail and head toward that restaurant  which isn’t too far off the trail for breakfast one morning this week.  We also plan on making it to the beach this week sometime as well.  We didn’t attempt to go to the beach this past week since it is March break here in Sarasota and we thought the beach would be too crowded. 

That’s about it for now; we can’t believe we have been gone almost a month now and only have a little over 2 weeks left.  We will probably head out of here by the 30th and by then we are hoping all the snowstorms at home are done for the season! 

1 comment:

  1. I did enjoy the performances of the actors/singers, but I must admit it was rather long, if only it had been the movie with Yul Bryner and on TV, then I could have switched over to a hockey game in the boring spots - Janet was right I did have a couple of snoozes during the show.

    ReplyDelete