Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Legacy Trail

Feb. 21st (Happy Birthday to David)

Janet and I went on the Legacy Trail again but decided to bike to what we thought was the start, it was actually what they called the end of the trail. We took off and headed to the start which is just under 17 kms away, ending in Venice Fl. It is really quite a ride as you go though a State Park and along the way there are rest areas every few kms. It is as flat as a pancake,it would actually be nice if there was a hill here or there. Along the way we came across an Armadilo and a large Turtle, thank goodness no snakes. It was a fun ride and on one of our next rides we are going right into downtown Venice and stop at a nice little coffee shop called The Upper Crust.

Feb 22nd

Went this morning and joined the "Y" and got a membership for 6 weeks (great deal only $55), the really neat part of joining is that I have access to the Swim Club Pool which is adjacent to the Y. The pool is huge and is lane swimming. Had my first swim and had practically the whole pool to myself, it is outdoors and heated to about 75 o F. Found it a little tough going as I haven't been swimming for some time, back to square one and work my way back. Been running each day but not for long distances - today was my longest at 3.5kms and the heel feels pretty good but I will just keep moving the distance up slowly. Also went for a bike on the trail on my own so I pushed it (not that Janet goes slow), it was a good ride. The weather is still great here, sunny and going up to about 78 o F each day. Much better then last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment