Sunday, February 20, 2011

Florida

Well, we made it safe and sound!  It was a good trip down and it really helped that we stayed in Windsor on the Wednesday night.  Thanks so much to Charlotte Loaring!  She lives 5 minutes away from the border!   We arrived to the condo on Friday night and had the whole placed organized (just like home) within a couple of hours.  Of course, the first business at hand for me was getting my “office” set up and make sure the internet worked and lo and behold, I found the cable modem and attached my wireless router and we were in business!  That is always a stress for me when we go away – to make sure I have a high speed internet connection!  On Saturday morning we went out to get groceries at Publix (of course Brian had to get his Publix glazed donuts – he made a bee-line for the bakery as soon as we walked in the door) and of course we also went to Target after getting our groceries.  They are right next door to each other!  My next stop will be to find a Kohl’s which is on the agenda for Tuesday or Wednesday but I miss having Breanne with me! 

We went for a bike ride in the afternoon and found Legacy Trail which is a 14 km paved trail and it was awesome.  No cars to worry about just a pleasurable ride.  It goes through a State Park and ends in Venice.  We only went half way since it was the first time on our bikes and our bums were sore from the seats!  Sunday morning we got up and went for a short 20 minute run.  Brian is trying to get back into training slowly since he has been suffering from plantar fasciitis for months and it is slowly getting better but he doesn’t want to reinjure it, so is just taking things slowly for now and building up from there.  It felt really good to get out exercising in the nice warm weather!  Maybe I will lose a little weight but it seems to take me forever to lose anything but at least I’m exercising!

Happy Birthday Breanne!!!!!!  I can’t believe my daughter is 28 years old today….where did the years go, life passes by so quickly but I am so blessed to have the best children in the world.  They have both grown up to be wonderful, hard-working, caring, fun-loving adults and we love you both so much!!!  It is David’s birthday tomorrow and he will be 29 years old!!

I’m going to try putting on some pictures with this blog, so we will shall see how that works out as it will be my first time! 

I will write again tomorrow.  Love and kisses to Annika and Selena…..nana and papa are already missing you too much!!!  

P1050737

We are ready to go on our adventures….David was happy to get us out the door!

P1050740

In the car ready to go with our little stuffed doggie where Mavie would usually sit when we are travelling with him.  We missed having Mavie with us this year!!

P1050741

“My office”

P1050742

Brian’s “office” and where we eat!

P1050744 P1050743

Our bedroom with our “Annika pillow” and our pet “Mavie” on guard

 

P1050746 P1050745

Living Room and kitchen

P1050747

Our screened in patio.  Nice place to read or have our meals – very private!

That’s it for now!  I will keep you all posted; so come back often to read our blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment