Friday, February 25, 2011

Another beautiful day in Florida, got in a good swim and bike (gave my foot a break today and didn't run). Janet and I went out on "Date Night" to eat at LongHorn's Steak House, I had the prime rib and Janet had fily mignon with shrimp. Great meal. We then went over to Siesta Key Beach, which we heard was the best in Florida, they are right, I have seen quite a few beaches down here and this one tops them all. The sand can only be described as white flour and the beach is probably 150 metres wide and goes in both directions for at least a couple of miles. We will come back during the week, the temp of the water is about 18 o C and if the weather stays this way will keep getting warmer. There is another beach a little south of here (Turtle Beach) which we will check out also, I hear that the water is rougher there so maybe can do a little body surfing. That's about it for today and our first week in Florida. Got Annika her first "prize" today will have to show her when I see her on skype, still looking for Selena's first "prize".

No comments:

Post a Comment