Sunday, October 30, 2011

HOME SWEET HOME

We had such a fabulous time on our holidays but it certainly was nice to get home again and sleep in our own bed!  We arrived home on Thursday night and we had a very nice surprise at the airport.  David and Jenn were picking us up as arranged but when we walked out after picking up our luggage, there was David and Jenn and little Annika dressed as a fairy princess holding a sign saying “Welcome Home, Nana and Papa”.  What a wonderful surprise that was! 

Photo02693

This was Annika waiting for Uncle David to pick her up and bring her to the airport with her sign. 

We are very happy to be home and have the beautiful memories of our once in a lifetime vacation to Europe.  It truly was one of the best trips we have ever taken.

I also want to thank everyone for reading my blog and the great comments and e.mails I received at how they enjoyed reading it and looking at the pictures.  The YouTube video I made of the cemetery visit seemed to catch everyone’s emotions as it did ours but it will definitely be a keeper that we will play and I will post on my blog every Remembrance Day in honour of all the veterans that gave their lives so that we could all live in relative peace today. 

I will continue to blog about things that happen in our lives, so feel free to check back often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment