Thursday, February 23, 2012

MY DAD IS 90 YEARS OLD TOMORROW!

Happy 90th Birthday Dad!!  Wow, can you imagine making that milestone!  We are so very fortunate to still have our dad with us and being so healthy!  Other than having that bum leg of his (old war injury/surgery) and being quite hard of hearing, he is otherwise perfectly healthy.  Cognitively, he is still as smart as a whip! We obviously have very good genes on dad’s side of the family, so my brothers and I hope we have some of those longevity genes as well! 

We are having an Open House at Wellington Park Terrace (Dad’s residence) from 2:00 to 4:00 on Saturday and it looks like a lot of old family friends and the original members of the Woodstock Cricket Club are going to come; so it is going to be a nice reunion not only for dad but for everyone to see each other again.  It should be a great day and then we will do it again when dad reaches 100! 

I just want to say dad (since I’m pretty sure you are going to be reading this blog) that you have been a wonderful father. When I was growing up, all my friends were envious of how great my parents were even though I did have to warn them when they came to our house, that my dad would expect a hug and big kiss and none of them were ever offended.  My dad was always known as “hot lips” and he is the only man I know that can get away with loving up and kissing any woman he met.  He was always affectionate and there was never a woman that was offended by it, even to this day! All the women in his Senior’s Residence thinks he is just the “cat’s whiskers”.  I feel so fortunate to have been brought up in such a loving, positive and “fun” atmosphere but still with a stern guiding hand to lead my brothers and I through those growing up years and trying teenage years until they let us fly on our own but always there for us whenever we needed them.  Then as the years went by and my mom’s health deteriorated, my dad was there to love and support her and he looked after her until her last days with such love and care, never ever complaining.  So dad, just to let you know that we love you with all our hearts and wish you many more years yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment