Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sunday, December 10, 2011

Well, chemo #2 round went just as well as Chemo #1 round. I cannot believe how well Brian is tolerating this chemotherapy.  Other than a bit of nausea on Thursday afternoon for which I gave Brian the p.r.n. medication the doctor gave us for nausea; he has been feeling extremely well.  Brian is just as active as he normally is, doing all the things he would normally do in any given day.  I am the one telling him to slow down and just take it easy even just for a couple of hours but then the day I told him to do that and he listened to me; that was Thursday when after relaxing on the couch, he started to feel nauseated – so maybe staying very active is the thing to do and not lay around feeling bored and sorry for yourself! 

The last couple of weeks, we have been working a couple of hours a day trying to get the house in order to put up for sale and we accomplished a lot this weekend; laying carpet in the vestibule at the bottom of the stairs, cleaning out my “doll room” and packing most of my dolls, and then decluttering and cleaning the kitchen while Brian worked on the bathrooms and vacuuming and dusting.  We have a real estate agent coming over Monday morning to discuss our options and find our their opinion on what the house can sell for and when we should list it.  We actually would love to get it sold quickly, so then we can concentrate on more decluttering and slowly start our packing.  It actually feels good to finally get through all our years of accumulated junk although im some ways a little bittersweet when you come upon things you haven’t seen for years (like pictures) and then all the memories of all the happy times come flooding back and you realize how quickly time has passed by.  The memories of David and Breanne when they were young just mean so much to us now and it makes you realize how precious life really is and how much you actually miss the “old times”.  God is good though, that is why he gives us grandchildren, so we can start again and really really appreciate their innocence and enjoy every moment.  I came across one of my old picture albums of when David and Breanne were Annika and Selena’s age and I was so struck with how much Selena is so much like Breanne in looks, actions, expressions on her face, it is priceless!  I have to bring that album out the next time Breanne is over so she can see the resemblance. 

We also congratulate David on finally owning his first home!  He signed his mortgage this past week and now has the privilege of being a '”home owner” and all that goes with that!  David and Jenn are now only 7 months away from their wedding, so lots of plans still to put into place in the new year.  We finally went to church with David and Jenn last Saturday (they like to go to mass on Saturdays at 5:15) and it is the first time I have set foot in the Church of Our Lady and what a beautiful church it is.  It reminded me of all the churches we saw in Europe.  It was so moving to walk into the church with the organ playing, a lot of people sitting in the pews and when I saw the middle aisle, I could just imagine Jenn walking down in her beautiful wedding dress.   There certainly is something to be said for old churches and their magnificence and to be able to attend a mass.  We are not Catholic ourselves but I certainly did enjoy it and Brian and I plan to attend more often with David and Jenn. 

Well enough said for now; I will blog again at least once more before Christmas.  I can’t believe it is only 2 weeks today before Christmas!  I”m happy to say though that most of my shopping is done!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment