Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tuesday, March 5, 2012

We are now in Florida and it is so nice to be in the warmer weather!  We left Friday afternoon instead of early Saturday morning since we didn’t want to get caught up in the predicted high winds and thunderstorms that were forecast.  We still ran into the high winds and rain as we were travelling through Buffalo and of course, it was my time to drive.  This happens all the time to me when we are sharing the driving!  We stopped around 8:00 as we felt there was no sense continuing to drive in the rain and we could get an early start in the morning.  The next day the drive was great, sunshine all the way until around 4:00 p.m. when it started to rain again  This time it was Brian’s turn to drive in the rain.  By 7:30 we were in South Carolina and I had had enough, so we stopped there. It continued to rain the entire night and was still raining when we left in the morning. Thankfully by the time we drove into Georgia, the rain stopped and we only had about a 5 hour drive and we arrived in Kississimee at Emerald Island where Breanne/James are staying.  We had the rest of the day Sunday to unpack and get settled and we fell into bed on Sunday night feeling exhausted!

Monday, we stayed at Emerald Island and enjoyed the pool and had fun with the kids.  Today (Tuesday), they all decided to go to Magic Kingdom but I elected to stay home with Mavie and get some work done in the quiet and here I am playing around with my blog!  I have included a little video below of Brian having fun with the kids in the pool yesterday. I’m sure they will take lots of pictures in Magic Kingdom, so I will post more pictures as the week goes on.  I hope the weather at home is not too bad! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janet,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Emerald Isle Resort to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete